Why Wasn't my Waste Collected?
Before calling the Solid Waste Department (902-275-2330), use this checklist.
- Is it your week? Check the Waste Collection Calendar to find out.
- Was your waste at the curb on time? If your waste was out after 8:00 a.m., it may have been missed. If so, the collector will not come back for it.
- Was your waste rejected? Check for a sticker. Reasons for rejection include
- exceeding the limit for waste (five clear bags plus one black bag of garbage, ten bags of recyclables including paper and bundles of cardboard, and one green cart plus three PAPER bags of yard waste)
- unsorted waste
(check our Sorting Guide)
- dirty recyclables (unclean recyclables cannot be processed)
- contaminated green cart (compost only in the green cart; no plastic or garbage)
- Is your road passable? In the winter, if you live on a private road that hasn't been plowed, the collector may not travel on it for safety reasons.
Published: 12 February 2015
Created: 12 February 2015
Last Updated: 18 January 2017