Temporary Vendor License

In the Municipality of the District of Chester, anyone living outside the Municipality wishing to sell merchandise on property not belonging to them must have a license to do so. This license is called a "Transient Trader's License" and an application can be found in the Trade & Licensing By-Law #11.

Licenses are usually valid until December 31 of the year they are issued, but renewals are available.

To apply, contact the Municipal Clerk via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., by calling 902-275-3554, or by dropping in to the Municipal Office at 151 King Street in Chester.

We will need

  • name, current address, and phone number of licensee(s);
  • copies of applicable federal, provincial, or municipal permits required; and
  • fee payment ($25-$200)