TRAIL UPDATE - November 24, 2023:
- The Aspotogan Trail is OPEN.
- Hubbards to East River is OPEN.
- East River to East Chester (Duncan Road) is CLOSED. This closure includes the Castle Rock trail system. There is no access and no emergency services available in this area.
- East Chester (Duncan Road) to Chester (Smith Road) is OPEN.
- Chester (Smith Road) to Gold River Bridge (west end of Croft Road) is CLOSED.
- Highway 12 (Chester Basin) to Frank Swinamer Road (Western Shore) is OPEN except for Gold River Bridge. Also, from Swinimer Road to the Martins River Bridge is OPEN except the bridge between Swinimer Road and Frank Swinamer Road is still under repair and that small seciton is CLOSED.
- Martins River to Lunenburg is OPEN including the Dynamite Trail and the Bay to Bay Trail.
For a complete list of all trail closures on the Rum Runners trail system, please visit https://destinationtrailsnovascotia.com/trails/rum-runners-trail/.